- Friday 4th May – Neighbourhood plan pre-submission consultation ends
- Saturday 12th May – Prickshaw and Catley Lane Head village clean up. From 10am to Noon for litter picking and a general tidy up
- Sunday 13th May – Whitworth Skyline Walk will include the Cotton Famine Road and pass down Knacks Lane and through Prickshaw to the finish at Lobden Golf Club
- Friday 25th May – General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) come into force.
- Sunday 27th May – NFBA Annual Rendezvous Ride – Catley Lane Head, 12:30pm in “Win’s Field”. Cosima Towneley (Mary Towneley’s daughter) will be at the event and Rosettes will be presented by The Lord Lieutenant of Greater Manchester, Warren Smith. The ride will also raise money for North West Air Ambulance
June & July
- In Bloom – June & July will be bursting with planting projects to bring dazzling colour our area ready for Rochdale in Bloom.
- Catley Lane Head theme: “Our Natural Neighbourhood” to include:
- 4 half barrels, sponsored by local businesses, at the following points:
- Fern Hill entrance
- Centre of village at the old phone box, will include a refurbished Victorian bench
- By the side of the BBC Cotton Famine sign, and
- The corner of Smallshaw Road
- Plans also include:
- Agricultural themed planting on the hill by Brown Hill Farm
- Children’s fairy garden at the side of the refurbished bench detailed above (local children and parents will take charge of this)
- Feature planting around:
- The water trough well, opposite the Doldrums, “Well Dressing“ with Willow and plants, and
- At the steps to the footpath alongside the site of the old chapel where a rustic cross will be in place to remember site
- Willow ornaments to walls and trees and planters
- The bus terminus turning circle – There’s a large tree trunk across from the Black dog on the corner of Caldershaw estate. We think it would make a great feature at the old bus stop – People and tractor power needed to move – Can anyone help?
- Friday 22 Jun to Sunday 24 Jun – The Great Get Together
- Rochdale Township in Bloom Judging Day (Dates TBA)
RMNF is a registered charity No. 1165601. We welcome donations to help run our organisation and various projects. To make a donation, please follow the instructions on the “Donate” page of our website: http://www.rmnf.org.uk/donate/