Our Trustees are appointed volunteers who are responsible for ensuring Rooley Moor Neighbourhood Forum operates according to its charitable purpose. They bring with them a range of skills and experience that complements our organisation and ensures it is well managed. Our forum is grateful for their time and dedication.
- David Olusoga OBE– David is a British-Nigerian Historian, BAFTA winning TV Presenter/Producer and an award winning author.
- Andy Meek – Chair – Andy is a long term resident of Prickshaw who enjoys the open countryside and moors that surround the village and is very keen to see this preserved. Works part-time in the transport and logistics sector.
- Fran Healey – Fran is a qualified accountant working in the voluntary sector. She recently joined the board of Social Value UK, is a Trustee of Survivors Manchester and chair of the Northern Baroque Orchestra. Fran is also interested in the future potential of social value accounting methodologies.
- Alan Rawsterne – Secretary – Alan, now retired, has a background in logistics, continuous improvement methodologies and is a Six Sigma practitioner.
- Rev. Morley Morgan – Vice Chair – Morley is an Anglican priest and a retired hospital chaplain who lives in the village of Catley Lane Head.
- John Newcombe – Treasurer – John is a retired Inspector of Taxes and is Chair of the Prickshaw and Broadley Fold Conservation Area Committee. He is a keen runner and walker and he is anxious to preserve our precious open spaces which he sees as an essential leisure facility much needed by our ever increasing urban population.
- Councillor Wendy Cocks – As a relative newcomer to the Borough but a keen walker (when time allows), the beautiful moor and Cotton Famine Road are a joy to me. I have done community work with older people for 20 years and now work for a national housing policy charity. As a Councillor I am the assistant to the Cabinet Member for Health & Wellbeing and Chair of the Rochdale Township Clean and Green Priority Group. I am also a member of the Rochdale Township Committee and the Spotland and Falinge Area Forum. My appointments to outside bodies include Greater Manchester Passenger Transport Authority Ring & Ride Steering Group, Rochdale Boroughwide Housing Board Representative Committee, Rochdale Chamber of Commerce Local Council and Rochdale Shop Mobility Executive Committee.
- Dr. Steve Davison – I am a long standing resident of Norden with a passion for the environment, the outdoors and our wealth of local heritage. I love mountain biking on our extensive local trails and Rooley Moor Road is one of my favourite routes. I am always surprised that so many people in Rochdale haven’t heard about the road or its historic significance. I am a scientist by training with a doctorate in physics. Most of my career has been involved in IT. I developed the initial version of the forum’s website and it is great to see what a valuable resource it has become as a result of the hard work of others.
- Philip Massey – Phil is a local business owner who currently chairs the Spotland & Falinge Area Forum, and is a member of the Rochdale In Bloom committee. He is passionate about improving community and building pride of place.
You can contact any of our Trustees by sending an email, marked for their attention, to: firstname.lastname@example.org