Our Trustees are appointed volunteers who are responsible for ensuring Rooley Moor Neighbourhood Forum operates according to its charitable purpose. They bring with them a range of skills and experience that complements our organisation and ensures it is well managed. Our forum is grateful for their time and dedication.
- David Olusoga OBE– David is a British-Nigerian Historian, BAFTA winning TV Presenter/Producer and an award winning author.
Honorary Vice President
- Cecile Biant – In mid 2019 Cecile retired as Ward Councillor and RMNF trustee. In recognition of the tremendous help, advice and support Cecile has given our forum, the trustees asked Cecile to consider being our Honorary Vice President and we are delighted that she wishes to remain in contact with our forum and has accepted.
- Andy Meek – Chair – Andy is a long term resident of Prickshaw who enjoys the open countryside and moors that surround the village and is very keen to see this preserved. Works part-time in the transport and logistics sector.
- Fran Healey – Fran is a qualified accountant who volunteers in the charity and not for profit sector. She is on the board of Social Value UK, is a Trustee of Survivors Manchester and Bury Metropolitan Arts Association. Fran is the chair of the Northern Baroque Orchestra and is also interested in the future potential of social value accounting methodologies.
- Alan Rawsterne – Secretary – Alan, now retired, has a background in logistics, continuous improvement methodologies and was a Six Sigma practitioner.
- John Newcombe – Treasurer – John is a retired Inspector of Taxes and is Chair of the Prickshaw and Broadley Fold Conservation Area Committee. John is a keen runner and walker and he is anxious to preserve our precious open spaces, which he sees as an essential facility much needed by our ever increasing urban population.
- Councillor Wendy Cocks – Wendy, as a relative newcomer to the Borough and a keen walker (when time allows) says, “The beautiful moor and Cotton Famine Road are a joy to me”. Wendy has done community work with older people for 20 years and now does work for a national housing policy charity. As a Councillor, Wendy is the assistant to the Cabinet Member for Health & Wellbeing and Chair of the Rochdale Township Clean and Green Priority Group. She is also a member of the Rochdale Township Committee and the Spotland and Falinge Area Forum. Her appointments to outside bodies include Greater Manchester Passenger Transport Authority Ring & Ride Steering Group, Rochdale Boroughwide Housing Board Representative Committee, Rochdale Chamber of Commerce Local Council and Rochdale Shop Mobility Executive Committee.
- Philip Massey – Phil is a local business owner who currently attends the Spotland & Falinge Area Forum, and is a member of the Rochdale In Bloom committee. He is passionate about improving community and building pride of place.
- Nigel Morrell – Nigel is the chair of Norden Area Forum and a trustee of Norden Community Trust, which is the governing body that manages Norden Old Library.
You can contact any of our Trustees by sending an email, marked for their attention, to: firstname.lastname@example.org