Welcome to the Rooley Moor Neighbourhood Forum website.
We created our forum because we share a common purpose and objective to protect and enhance our neighbourhood and to make it an area that is vibrant, socially inclusive, and generally the greenest, safest place to live, work and play that it can possibly be.
Forum members are individuals who either live, work, regularly pursue leisure activities (walking, horse riding, cycling, ornithology, fishing, etc.) or are interested in the Rooley Moor area. Members of the forum are all connected to the daily life of the neighbourhood and we know that sometimes the smallest of changes can make a big difference.
There’s no fee, no commitment and no onus on you to do anything. All we ask is that you share our vision of making Rooley Moor neighbourhood a great place to live, work and play!
Where Next For Neighbourhood Plans?
At our AGM on Thursday 21st November 2019 we agreed not to submit our Neighbourhood Plan for external examination.
To help understand some of the reason why, we suggest you click HERE to read a report produced in October 2018 by The National Association of Local Councils (NALC).
Some of the other reasons are detailed at item 9, Neighbourhood Plan, in the AGM Agenda & Reports Pack.
Minutes of our AGM are published HERE.
Our Neighbourhood Plan and associated documents can be accessed for reference by clicking on the links below:
- See the Neighbourhood Plan and its policies – Revised 29th November 2018 to reflect the updated National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) – July 2018
- Download the Neighbourhood Plan Community Questionnaire Analysis
- See the detailed Community Questionnaire Analysis Report that help define the Plan
- See the Consultation Statement – Updated November 2018
- See the Basic Conditions Statement
- See the Strategic Environmental Assessment (SEA )and a Habitats Regulations Assessment (HRA) screening report
For more information about Neighbourhood Planning please see the Neighbourhood Plan Video.