Rooley Moor Neighbourhood Forum (RMNF)
Annual General Meeting (AGM)
Date & Time: Thursday, 2nd February 2023 at 7pm
Venue: The Old Library, Edenfield Road, Norden, Rochdale OL11 5XE
You are cordially invited to attend our AGM and to be more involved if you wish.
As a local charity we are looking for new trustees to join at our AGM.
We particularly want to hear from local people with the time, interest and skills who can help our charity meet its objectives. We are currently working on a number of projects with partner organisations to raise awareness of the area’s history and heritage and to protect the natural environment through moorland restoration and the protection of peat.
RMNF is a registered Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO) – Charity Number 1165601. The forum was created because of a shared common purpose to protect and enhance our neighbourhood and to make it an area that is vibrant, socially inclusive, and generally the greenest, safest place to live, work and play that it can possibly be.
Forum members are individuals who are connected in some way to the daily life of the neighbourhood. They either live, work, regularly pursue leisure activities (walking, horse riding, cycling, ornithology, fishing, etc.) or are interested in the Rooley Moor area.
We know that sometimes the smallest of changes can make a big difference and our forum is established for the public benefit without distinction for the following purposes in the area of benefit:
- To promote high standards of planning and architecture in or affecting the area of benefit
- To educate the public in the geography, history, natural history, culture, and architecture of the area of benefit, and
- To secure the preservation, protection, development and improvement of features or areas of historic or public interest in the area of benefit
We wish to see a thriving, beautiful neighbourhood area in which the countryside and green spaces are accessible to everyone for legitimate use. An area rich in nature and playing a crucial role in responding to the climate emergency. An area that enriches all of our lives, regenerating our wellbeing, and that we in turn can regenerate, protect and celebrate.
Becoming a Trustee
The trustee role is an exciting opportunity to add value and scale to what RMNF does and contribute to its success. We are involved in many activities and increasing the number of trustees and volunteers will help deliver our charitable purpose.
Trustees are responsible for controlling the charity’s management and administration. They are responsible for ensuring our charity’s income and property is used only for the purposes set out in our governing document and for no other purpose.
Trustees have a responsibility to act reasonably and prudently in all matters relating to the charity and they have a responsibility to act in the best interests of the charity
As a trustee you will:
- Use your skills and experience to make a positive difference to the neighbourhood area, environment, and local community.
- Meet like-minded people and enjoy being part of a team.
- Be invited to free training courses, workshops, meetings, and the AGM.
- Safeguard the good reputation and values of our charity.
Please contact the Forum Secretary (email: info@RMNF.org.uk) if you would like to get more involved.